All of us take steps to make sure that we look our best on a day to day basis. One easy way to look good is to have a healthy smile, so looking after your teeth is crucial. Everyone knows about the benefits of brushing your teeth in the morning and at night, flossing and taking regular trips to the dentist. However, there are other components that can play a fundamental role in preserving the good condition of your teeth. In this article, we'll discuss the best habits for keeping teeth healthy which can be seamlessly integrated in your everyday life.
How to take care of your teeth and gums
Looking after your teeth should be as integral a part of your beauty regime as moisturising your skin. Here are a few key steps to help you understand how to keep your teeth healthy:
1. Brush your teeth in the morning. It’s best to brush your teeth at least 30 minutes after breakfast to avoid enamel damage.
2. Take your time when brushing your teeth, using gentle, circular motions to remove plaque. If you find yourself being too heavy-handed with your toothbrush, try using an opposite hand to brush your teeth, as it’s usually weaker than your dominant one.
3. Don’t forget to gently brush your tongue too, as a lot of bacteria can accumulate on your tongue. This is a great way to ensure you have pleasant-smelling breath too.
4. When it comes to ways to keep your teeth healthy, flossing is very important as well. It’s great for both removing food stuck in between your teeth and reducing plaque. However, make sure you’re being careful when flossing to avoid triggering tooth sensitivity.
5. Rinse your mouth with mouthwash. There are three good reasons not to skip this step :
- It cleans hard-to-reach areas you may have missed while brushing.
- It re-mineralises your teeth.
- It refreshes your breath with a pleasant and long lasting minty flavour.
6. Drink more water, especially after sticky, sweet, or acidic foods. This can help wash out acids that could affect your teeth before your next brush.
7. You should also limit your intake of acidic foods and drinks as they can lead to enamel erosion. Additionally, you might also want to limit your sugar consumption since sugar converts to acid in your mouth, resulting in cavities.
8. Book regular trips to see your dentist. You should go at least twice a year, but if you notice changes or issues with your teeth book an appointment immediately.
9. Brushing your teeth after every meal might be difficult to do if you’re busy on the go, so it might be a good idea and always carry around a travel-sized toothbrush, toothpaste and a mouthwash for a quick refresh after lunch.
10. Try to avoid frequent snacking and stick to regular meals during the day. This is because every time we consume food, our teeth face challenges and attacks from acid and sugar, making them more vulnerable to erosion and decay.
How to care for your teeth with Regenerate
Regenerate’s new NR-5™ technology provides a clinically proven solution to the problem of how to take care of your teeth. REGENERATE Enamel Science™ is the first system able to regenerate enamel mineral1 with exactly the same mineral that tooth enamel is made of.
There are two products which, as part of your day-to-day oral care regime can help to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Using Regenerate’s Advanced Toothpaste reverses the early erosion process by regenerating your enamel mineral1. Additionally, Regenerate’s Advanced Foaming Mouthwash, powered by FOAM technology, can also help protect2 your teeth from daily acid attacks.
Once a month, alongside the use of Regenerate’s other products, invest in Regenerate’s Advanced Enamel Serum. This unique and clinically proven serum can boost the effects of your Regenerate Advanced Toothpaste by up to 43%3, helping to reverse the early erosion process caused by modern diets and lifestyles. Most importantly, the use of the Advanced Toothpaste in combination with the Advanced Enamel Serum provides significant increase in enamel hardness, with 82%4 recovery of enamel hardness after 3 days.
We hope you enjoyed our top tips for keeping teeth healthy, and the best products to add to your daily beauty routine. Now you can rest assured you know how to care for your teeth and futureproof your smile.
²Acts on early invisible stages of enamel erosion. Restores enamel mineral content and micro-hardness.
³As demonstrated in a 3-day in vitro test measuring enamel micro hardness: Combined use of Advanced toothpaste and Advanced serum vs. Advanced toothpaste only.
⁴Based on an in-vitro test measuring enamel hardness after 3 days combined use of Toothpaste and Serum.
The advice in this article does not constitute medical advice; it is solely available for information purposes. We recommend that you consult your dentist If you are experiencing any gum problems.